Happy 2010!

Happy New Year!

So the hot topic of last year's last evening was whether we now say "two thousand and ten" or "twenty ten"?

Personally I like "twenty ten" because as a child of "Nineteen seventy eight" and having pronounced my years that way for the first 21 years of my life it makes more sense to say the year with such a comfortable mouthful. Let's face it, 10 years of having to say the word "thousand" before every year is exhausting, bad for asthmatics and I'm protesting!

It was a fun night out tonight with friends in their happening backyard where the wind blew, we shivered in this strangely cold Auckland Summer around a brazier as we tore steak apart with our teeth, downed a few beers and blew stuff up as the clock struck 12.

Highlights for 2009?

Becoming a Dad, hands down. Greatest moment of this year. Nothing comes close to comparing. Second greatest moment was buying our first home since the last one we owned and the sigh of relief that came with it as God once again proved that in all things he works for the good of those who love him!

In the new year I would like to find out if Smurfs are real, write a book and quite my job... I'll keep you posted on that one. I would also like to memorize the four Gospels, lose three kilograms and buy a cat, even if I sneeze to death in the process...

Either way I want the first thing I do before I sleep away the next 5 hours of Day One is to wish you all a very happy new year, may you be fruitful and prosper well beyond all conceivable measures!

This year I would encourage you to lose three kilograms as well, just because I don't want to be the only one who has to do it. Post me any dead smurfs you may find and write to me and ask me some random questions so I can keep my other New Year's Resolution of not running out of things to write about!

Drive Safe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calamari and Me

Pimp My Hundred Bucks - Part Twenty Three

How to Turn $20 into $100 in Ten Easy Steps (Or at least how I managed to do it)